Powered by Blogger.

"Persuasion"

 Sunday, December 5, 2010


Jane Austen is the author of this marvelous book. Although I'm not sure if it is my favorite or not out of the ones I have read. Persuasion is decidedly different from Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, in respects to this mushy love story all throughout it. I'm not saying that there isn't a love story in this book but it is a lot less passionate. lol The main character is Anne Elliot, who tries to stay as composed as possible and is extremely constant to her feelings. Through the first 80 or so pages I was not entertained. It was not too boring, just not interesting. After that point in the book it is tremendously better! Before I go further on in the post I would like to tell you what this book is about. Here is a summery: Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth were engaged to be married and were deeply in love with one another. Although at the advice of Lady Russel Anne calls it off. After 8 years of separation they are once again thrown into the same company. One thing I did not like was what happened with Mr. Elliot, Anne's cousin, affairs. The circumstance was a little melodramatic. That is all you will get from me. lol Fortunately I was able to read the end of this book at work. :P lol My book is the Oxford World's Classics and they have the original ending after other 'ending.' There was only a slight difference! This did not bother me too bad because I was able to understand the ending better the second time I read it. I am extremely well pleased with how this book ended. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars! :D


"She had been forced into prudence in her youth, she learned romance as she grew older-the natural sequel of an unnatural beginning."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP