Powered by Blogger.

The Last of the Mohicans

 Friday, December 10, 2010

Since several people told me that my post Miracle on 34th Street didn't make much sense I will try to do considerably better on this one. :) I wasn't even planning on doing this review, that just tells you how much reviews I'll be doing this month. ;)

 

To start this out I have to say that people under the age of 15 shouldn't watch it. This movie is rated R for violence. There is some cursing in it, I actually didn't even hear but one, but there is more in it. Also the main male and female character have this one part where they kiss way too much. We fast-forwarded it. Other than that this is a wonderful movie! I absolutely love it! The filming and acting was superb! My brother thinks the music was anti-climatic though. lol Although the first 20 minutes were hard to understand. These two sisters are trying to get to their father's fort when they are attacked by Indians and are betrayed by their guide. Eighteen English officers die. Suddenly when they are also about to be slaughtered three other Indians come to their rescue. Nathaniel is the main one, which I'm not for sure if he is even Indian... Anyway they make it to their father's fort that is being sieged by the French. I forgot to tell you that this takes place during the French and Indian war. Later on when they had surrendered and the entire army was walking through the forest they were one again attacked by Indians. One thing I'm going to help you understand, which my mother had to tell me, is that the two daughters and their father have an Indian chasing them for revenge. He wants revenge because he was taken captive by their father and was made a slave. When he finally was no longer under him he went home to his wife, whom she thought was dead, was remarried. Once the vengeance seeking Indian had killed their father, which was quite gory, he goes after them. All through this Nathaniel and Cora, one of the daughters, have been in love. I'm not going to tell you anymore because I don't want to ruin the surprise. I hate the ending though! It's horrible! If you do happen to watch the movie please comment and tell me what you thought of the end!
 
Btw Watch/Read means that you either want to watch/read it, depending on the circumstance. Please comment and tell me if this review made sense. lol I think my problem with the last one was that I was going fast while writing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP