Powered by Blogger.

Learning from God - 9 - Coming in Prayer

 Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sorry this is coming a day late. :( This past Sunday I was convicted about what we come to God for. Do we come to God because He is God, or do we come to make our petition known? I have to say that I do the latter. This disturbs my soul. God is omnipotent, omniscient, loving, merciful, and creator of all things, yet one of the main things I come to Him for are requests. Requests after request. Why don't we come to Him in prayer to worship Him and thank Him for all things? I feel so blessed every time I think of the mercy's that He has bestowed upon me. Not only do I need to work on coming before the Lord with a thankful heart but also coming before Him and showing reverence because of the knowledge of who He is. God is your friend that does care about your petitions, but remember that He is God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP