Powered by Blogger.

Northanger Abbey

 Wednesday, February 9, 2011



This is not going to be my normal kind of review, since I won't be telling the plot... I absolutely love Northanger Abbey!!  The version I watched is the Masterpiece one.  Unfortunately I do have to critique some things.  One of the things that bothered me the most was the cleavage. :P  You mainly see it from Catherine Morland's(the main female character) friend Isabella Thorp.  Several times you see her in her under garments that are very low cut and in some other parts.  Also Isabella is seen in bed with a blanket wrapped around her.  We did fast-forward some of Catherine's imaginations.  The reason these parts bothered me so, was because we were watching it with my brother, whom we had look away.  Btw there was some cursing but very little.  Now on to the good stuff! As I said before I loved this movie!  It was so romantic!   I absolutely love the part where they are outside, soaking wet, and he wipes the dirt from her face!!  I have to say I'm not a romantic kind of person, but when it comes to books and movies...! lol ;) Might I add that I'm not like Catherine though. lol The feel in this movie differs from that of Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion, in some respects.  So don't worry about feeling like your watching the same thing just in different plots.  Perhaps the reason I feel like it differs is because Northanger Abbey seems more real and relates to a younger demographic. The casting was splendid I have to say.  



 Although I thought it a bit odd how Henry Tilney(the main male character) fell in love with Cathrine.    Perhaps it was the age difference for me...  Also throughout the movie you knew they were in love but you didn't really see it come about.  At the end though Cathrine and Henry have this kissing scene, which was a bit overdone.  Please, please don't get me wrong I love this movie.  For some reason it's easier for me to critique than tell what was really good in it. :P  

Btw I am dying to read the book! I know what I'm doing for spring break!
Now that I have read the book here is the review to it, Northanger Abbey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP