Powered by Blogger.

"The Hobbit" Review by My Brother

 Friday, February 25, 2011

Hello, I am... well I can't say my name for safety reasons but I am bookworm's brother, but from now on i'll be referred to as Tech, the name isn't permanent. lol. This is my first official blog post that I've done so comment and tell me if I did good. This book it about the tales and adventures of Bilbo Baggins and his crew of Dwarves proving that everyone one has a little bit of the Took side in him and wants adventure. The version of the Hobbit I was reading is The Annotated Hobbit, which is practically the Hobbit with lots of side notes, pictures of the covers of the book in the past, illustrations, ect. No I did not read a kiddyfied version. I really enjoyed all of the "Commentary"(is what I call all of it) in the book. The only thing I didn't like about the commentary was in some parts I could see the picture of what was about to happen before it happens! The book writing style is different to The Lord of The Rings trilogy, but I like the difference. If you've ever read it you will know how it enlightened you on all the little cool things that you notice while watching the movies. I really like this book, it had some slow or should I say fast parts because in one chapter it seemed very rushed. I can't quite explain it; it was like do be do be da, this is what happened, lets move on. If you get what I mean.

 But some chapters were really good. I especially enjoyed "Riddles In The Dark" where Bilbo, the main character, has to save his own life by telling riddles and answering riddles to please Gollum, or Sméagol if you remember from the Trilogy. I remember reading the riddles and then covering the rest of the page to see if I could guess one. I loved that chapter. I feel in ways J.R.R. Tolkien was trying to go against the grain in respects of killing the dragon, Smaug,  ( btw killing the dragon and taking back the treasure was their mission of Bilbo and the Dwarves which I'll come back to) , where was I, oh yes I give him respect for doing something different, but I wish Smaug died the way you think, when you are reading the book. This book definitely gave more insight into the lives of dwarves and hobbits for that matter in their habits and overall honorable characters. Overall I really liked The Hobbit. I'm glad I read this book, and I am looking forward to reading this book aloud to my children in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP