Powered by Blogger.

Signs

 Monday, October 25, 2010


Recently I was able to have a friend over and we watched the movie Signs. She was spending the night because her dad was in the hospital from falling thirty feet out of a tree. Luckily he did not break one bone. The only thing that sustained a lot of damage was his spleen that ruptured. God had his hand on him! Now to the movie review! I have watched this movie more times than I can count, not joking! This is a suspense thriller but for some reason I think it is considered a horror film. I do not watch horror movies. Signs is about a family that has gone through something traumatic(I won't tell you what. ;)) and their weird habits, sickness, and records all come into play at the end. Mel Gibson plays the father, who 'was' also a pastor. From the traumatic event he loses his faith and no longer believes in God, but at the end of this movie he finds his faith and learns that nothing is luck but everything has a purpose. This is just the back plot though. One thing I have to tell you is that there are aliens in this movie, it is centered around that. Don't be weirded out by that and think it will just be stupid, because it isn't. I hate getting to this part....time for what was not good. There are no bad 'scenes' and there is very little cursing. One part I always fast forward is when the dad goes into the drug store. You will not miss anything by fast forwarding the entire time he is there. All that happens is the girl tells him everything. You can definitely watch this with your family but you might not want a young child getting too scared.


Also I hope you like my new blog template(background). My friend Dani helped me out with it. You can see her blog from the link on the side. Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP