Powered by Blogger.

Oh, Seventeen...

 Friday, February 24, 2012

Wow! I can't believe it! I'm seventeen! In my childhood seventeen was the golden age to be. You were still young enough to have far too much time on your hands and yet old enough to do things that you weren't able to do before. And yes, I have been waiting for the opportunity to be completely vain and have a lot of photos taken of me for my senior pics. lol I'm not quite a senior yet though. :P Here are some things that I'm proud of and know will be changing in my life this year. Up to now I have read 103 books, which I'm thrilled about. :) I have my permit! Will get my license when I can. Earnestly trying to get a job... Trying to figure out what classes I'm going to take my senior year at the community college. Yes, in my family you have to "grow up" and go to college a little early. My mom loves telling me to "grow up" in a nice way though. lol And I'll be opening a new chapter of my life. Here are some things that will not change, at least not this year. ;) I will be completely childish and whine when I don't get my way. ;) I will adore my family and my brother will be my best friend forever. I will stay single! :D ;) I will strive to make my family proud, despite the fact that they are already proud of me. I'll still be a homebody and watch tons of movies and read tons of books. And I'll still be me.
And the one thing that will never change about who I am, is that I will love the Lord with all that I am and He will always be with me.

"Lord, make me to know my end,
and what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as hand-breaths.
And my age is as nothing before You.
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor." -Psalm 139:4-5

"Whereas you do not know what tomorrow.
For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time
 and then vanishes away." -James 14-4

I'm so glad that with the short amount of time I have on earth that God is always with me and that He has saved me from my sins!
When you think about it seventeen years is really just a short existence on this earth. What does seventeen mean to you? Are you anxiously awaiting it's arrival? Have you been seventeen and know how many changes it can bring? Are you seventeen and it has been quite a chapter in your life?

God bless and have a wonderful week! Btw I am now officially allowed to wear makeup. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP