Powered by Blogger.

"The Hunger Games"

 Saturday, February 4, 2012

(Not my picture)

I finally got hold of a copy of "The Hunger Games" book, which took forever! Although the timing was perfect because once I had completed Ben-Hur the book came in the next day. :) I could hardly put this book down! Actually I was in agony(kind of) when I had to do other things and was continuously looking at the clock to see when I could pick it back up. Yes, this is proof that I'm a book-addict. ;) Now on to a shorter review, because I don't want to spoil anything for you. :) Enjoy!

     "The Hunger Games" is suspenseful, romantic, interesting, and enrapturing! You read this book from the perspective of Katniss Everdeen, who is very aware that all that is going on around her is for show.. Gale Hawthorne is her best friend and true confidant. Now Peeta Mellark is the boy standing aloof, who has been in her life in ways she finds odd. Thrown together in the hunger games as "star crossed lovers" has its advantages. But at what cost? Perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Let me rewind. ;) The annual event known as the hunger games requires each district to give up one of their boys and one of their girls to participate in a fight to the death. In other words only one person will survive out of 24. Who can force them to do such a thing you might ask? Well the Capitol, otherwise known as the dictators of life. The hunger games only reaffirms their tight grasp on everyone. No one is withheld from having their child's name being thrown into one of the balls. Although everyone has their own odds... As Katniss's younger sister, Prim, is of age to have her name put into one of the balls her odds are unlikely. Although it only takes one draw to change a life forever... As the unlikely happens Katniss screams out that she will take Prim's spot. From there the adventure begins...
    Well I truly love this book! My only thing I might warn you about is the gore. Quite simply that's all there is in it that might be a little unpleasant to read if you have a weak stomach. Also it did get a bit "kissy" but overall "The Hunger Games" was great! Honestly after making it half way through "For Whom the Bell Tolls" nothing could make you sick to your stomach. lol

As you might have noticed I have been posting a lot of reviews lately. I hope you don't mind. I will try, very soon, to have a post with pictures and my little life updates. :) Anyway I cannot wait for "The Hunger Games" movie to come out, 48 days to go! March 23! :D Did I mention that I recommend it? ;)
May the Lord be with you have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP