Powered by Blogger.

"Catching Fire"

 Saturday, February 11, 2012

(Not my picture)

Ha ha! I said I would do a photo post or something like that but all I can seem to do lately is reviews! :P Hope you don't mind too much.
     
        Anyway this book has some major twists that I just wasn't expecting. I have to say The Hunger Games was a little predictable, but this had me totally astounded! After around 100 pages the book took off on its adventurous ride. Before that mark it was a tad bit on the boring side. It was just a little too explanatory without getting anywhere with the other characters. Although this was very minor and had some key points to remember.
        With tension growing in the other districts and the president's threat hanging over her head, will Katniss be able to pull off the madly in love play? As the quarter quell quickly approaches other lives will be headed for a most certain death. Will she take flight.. or fight. Will she be used as another puppet? Will the clock of the games tick tock to her death?

         I just have to say I love Peeta! He's my boyfriend of the future! Peeta is so kind and selfless!... Now that that's over. ;) I loved this book! It really helped me to like and understand Katniss more. Perhaps because it hit me that she's only 16 in the first book and 17 in the second. In other words not to be so critical on her behavior because of the fact that she is so young and making these life changing decisions.  I'm reading these books in perfect time. Since I'm 16 turning 17 in thirteen days! Can't wait to read Mockingjay! Did I mention that I recommend this book? ;) It definitely deserves 5 stars along with The Hunger Games!!!
God bless and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Tristen February 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM  

I loved this Book :D I agree, I liked Katniss a lot better in the second. and ohmygoshbubbles I'm in love with Peeta, I really want to meet him in real life ^.^

Bookworm February 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

Peeta is pretty awesome! ;) Do you want to meet the fictional character Peeta or the movie Peeta?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP