Powered by Blogger.

"Mockingjay"

 Wednesday, February 15, 2012

(Not my picture)

The final book in the Hunger Games series is now finished! I absolutely loved this series! Definitely one of the best trilogies I have ever read! These books had me literally jumping to the next sentence! I could hardly contain myself from forgetting all other obligations and simply losing myself in that world. Although yesterday I took a break from reading "Mockingjay" and didn't read for the entire day. I was getting a little too emotionally attached to the characters to the point where I was beginning to become depressed!

     Anyway "Mockingjay" was my least favorite book in the series. Honestly I wan't really a fan of this book. It was just so sad! Thus you see why I became depressed. The ending felt cut short and un-thrilling. Although due to the fact that I had become emotionally attached to the characters and could almost feel their anguish it wasn't a complete loss. There were exciting points, but a lot of "Mockingjay" felt unnecessarily stretched out. I wish there was more action rather than heart breaking events and gore. Please, please don't get me wrong. It was still a great book but compared to it's counterparts it was a little lacking.

     "Mockingjay" is about Katniss Everdeen's loss. In more than one way. Lost childhood. Lost friends. Lost home. As she struggles with depression she is asked to be a pawn, yet once more, for a rebellion that she didn't know she even mattered to. Or rather a district she deemed dead. Will she ever get back that one person she would risk her life for? What if she gets that person back? Will it ever be the same between them? Will the same person she risked her life for end up killing her? As she is faced with the decision between Peeta and Gale will she make the right choice? As the hunger games seem to continue all around her will she be choked to death by the overwhelming amount of death?

     Actually I wasn't too in love with the characters in Mockingjay. I still liked Katniss and Peeta a lot but you didn't necessarily getting see their shining qualities. As for Haymitch and Gale there wasn't a lot of character building scenes for either of them.  Other than these minor setbacks I would not let that stop you from reading this book! Still a great novel but as for myself just quite depressing. :/ I recommend this series whole heartily and hope you have a strong stomach. ;) Don't forget that the movie comes out March 23!

God bless and have a great rest of the week! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP