Powered by Blogger.

"The Dixie Widow"

 Monday, November 8, 2010


The Dixie Widow is apart of a Christian series called The House of Winslow, which are written by Gilbert Morris. I have read 9 out of 40. :P First I'll tell you a little about the House of Winslow. This series goes through members of the Winslow family. The first book The Honorable Impostor starts out during the time of pilgrims, from there it continues even to War World 2. Although I love this series there are some things in it that I disagree with. Also I did not read The Indentured Heart, book three, at the advise of a friend. She told me that it had a lot of stuff that I didn't like. When I say that I mean things I disagreed with that were spiritual. It also at times, through certain books, gave a little too much detail on kissy stuff. Other than these unfortunate things in it, this is a great series! Through each of the books it tells the struggles they have to go through and people coming to the Lord. Finally to the review of The Dixie Widow! lol This continues off of the book The Last Confederate. Although it's not based around the people in that book, it would help to read it. I really liked this book, which you can tell because I finished it in five days. :P lol Although it was not my favorite out of this series. At the beginning Belle Wickham has nothing but disgusting hate for the North. Blaming them for the death of her husband. Returning evil for evil gives nothing but guilt to her. Because of certain things(I don't want to spoil it for you) Davis Winslow eats up with hate as well. Through all in all they learn to forgive and accept Jesus as their savior. In this book there was one thing that I disagreed with. It was that they believed they had to get rid of their hate or God would not forgive them. At least that is what I believe they were saying in The Dixie Widow. Please do not be feel anxious whether you should or shouldn't read this book, because it really is good. Despite some downers. I really don't want to tell you anything else about the book because I want to make sure I don't spoil it for you. Btw The Dixie Widow takes place during the Civil War.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP