Powered by Blogger.

"Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"

 Tuesday, June 19, 2012


        My friend, Hannah, flew in from my old home town and stayed with me for a week! We had an utter blast! I shall have a post about it. Anyway during her trip we watched "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" and I was pleasantly surprised! The first Journey movie I hated when I watched it, but 10 times later I learned to love it! Strange I know! With this movie though I enjoyed it all the way through. Unfortunately though the movie was a little too fast paced and the main girl was dressed in a tank, which showed quite a bit of cleavage. Only one scene really drew attention to that but for the rest of the movie it wasn't a big deal. I wasn't uncomfortable with my brother watching the movie.
     Now "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" shows Sean as a teenager and dealing with a new stepfather. Sean doesn't take very well to Hank, his stepfather, and clearly shows his distaste. Wanting to bond with Sean, Hank allows him to travel to a foreign land. With him that is. Why? Sean believes that his grandfather sent him a coded message to him saying he found the Mysterious Island.... Jules Verne was right and the adventure takes off... Sketchy helicopters, hurricanes, small is big and big is small, and many other elements spin a 'mysterious' tale.
     My friend and I were laughing so hard! This movie was incredibly funny! And it takes a lot to make me laugh! I recommend this movie. :) Will it be fantastic? No. This movie is just for fun and doesn't have that much of a story. If you start watching it expecting nothing I'm sure you'll like it. Just don't start expecting it to be great.
       Hope you are having a wonderful summer break and God bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP