Powered by Blogger.

"The Moving Finger"

 Monday, May 9, 2011


I know...I couldn't help myself...I read another Agatha Christie's Miss Marple!  This one is quite a bit different from the other Miss Marples' I have read. Surprisingly Miss Marple did not make her appearance in The Moving Finger till the last 50 or so pages! Mr. Burton is the character in which you have the story portrayed out to you.  Through this mysterious/romantic novel it is very easy to like Mr. Burton, for he has a giving personality and a mind that's on to something.  As his doctors suggest, because of an injury sustained from a plane crash, he moves down to Lymstock with his sister Joanna.  Even though there is a charming and subtle quality to this small quaint town there is evil afoot, with the beginning of a letter... Will Mr. Burton solve the case or is Miss Marple's presents fully needed, will his love be in danger to catch this twisted murderer...
I really liked The Moving Finger but I wish Miss Marple had more of a role, for even though she made her appearance near the end you hardly read her say anything or do much....other than solve the case...but it didn't really go into that.  Now I know I know the main difference between the Miss Marple and the Hercule Poirot books.  Miss Marple you are not always with during the book and don't get her opinion till the end while the Poirot books you are always with him and he doesn't leave you too much in the dark.  Whether to read Poirot or Miss Marple is up to your own liking. Fortunately I love them both! :D
I'm so sry for not posting sooner! I feel horrible about it! Maybe I just needed a little break to start posting like crazy again. lol Beware.... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP