Powered by Blogger.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

 Monday, March 28, 2011


I simply adored this movie!!! It was great!!!  At times I felt like screaming and I kept asking my mom if it was going to work out, she continued to tell me, "I haven't watched the movie before." lol Didn't keep me from asking. ;)  This movie is about Jefferson Smith being chosen to be a senator of his state.  Knowing nothing about politics is just what the people who chose him want.  Although when he finds out Jim Taylor's maniacal plan and how his own 'friend' had lied to him, it sends him to fight in a fight worth fighting for and a lost cause.  Being lied about in such extremes obviously makes people turn against him. Mr. Smith's one hope of recovering his honor is showing people that this has to be a lie because why would he do what he is doing. I'm trying not to give vital info. ;)  Jimmy Stewart plays Jefferson Smith and acted wonderfully! I loved him in it! I was a fan of his, although he wasn't all that because of the movie Rear Window(which I hated) and this redeemed him. Such great acting by all the cast!  Can you believe it? I have nothing to complain about! lol  Although this movie is political it was not boring and anyone can love it! My brother was saying that it might not be everyone's cup of tea...then he continued and said, "Whoever doesn't like it isn't American." lol So melodramatic I know. ;) Anyway if you are wanting to watch a movie you haven't seen before consider Mr. Smith Goes to Washington!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP