Powered by Blogger.

"The Mirror Crack'd"

 Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unfortunately I have to say that I did not like this Miss Marple mystery, which is very disappointing.  The Mirror Crack'd is about an an emotional actress who comes to live in Gossington Hall, which was formerly owned by Mrs. Bantry.  As Marina Gregg(the actress) and her husband Jason Rudd host a small get together inviting people from the neighborhood.  As everything seems to be going well Mrs Badcock is murdered by poison which was administered to a cocktail.  Who could have done it with everyone around?  Why didn't they notice? Why did it happen?  Miss Marple is older so she does most of her investigating from her home.  Even though this all seems quite interesting it was a little boring and drawn out.  The end was so surprising! I did love the conclusion and finding out how and why it all came about.  Although I wouldn't suggest reading it.  My advice read The Body in the Library, which is another Miss Marple mystery.  To those who have read the book:  When I found out everything and such I felt quite sry for Marina, once I took in consideration of what she had done to her other children I wasn't so sympathetic.


They quoted this line quite often from the poem The Lady of Shalott:

The mirror crack'd from side to side;
'the curse has come upon me,' 
cried the Lady of Shalott  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP