Powered by Blogger.

10 Heroes that Captured Readers Hearts

 Monday, April 23, 2012

Well I'm joining in on Anne-girl's hero of the week! Enjoy!


1. Atticus Finch


Atticus, from To Kill a Mockingbird, is one of my heroes for a lot of reasons. His stubborn will and acting according to his conscience totally play into being a hero. Although he didn't win the case, Atticus did make people think and showed what it meant not to fall into peer pressure. He's not too bad looking either. ;)

2. Ben-Hur

Ben-Hur is fantastic! After years of being torn apart from his family, Judah never gave up hope on his mother and sister. Despite his lust for vengeance, he eventually came out a hero. :)

3. Cyrano de Bergerac 

If you have read the book you will understand why he is one of my fictional heroes. In the end he never got the girl and gave her up so she wouldn't have her heartbroken over another man. Truly tragic and romantic.

4. Poirot
He fights crime! That definitely makes him a hero! Also I just love him!!

5. Sir Percy Blakeney 
Total hero! I think from everyone else's blogs there is enough reasons for him to be my hero that I think you understand why he is. lol  I love how he looks so regal. 

6. Colonel Brandon
I have to say that I am not a real fan of Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility, though I do have to count him among the heroes. He is sensitive, caring, and above all patient!

7. Mr. Matthew Crawley
I'm not just putting him in this list because I love Downton Abbey. lol He's a hero! He was going to marry this one lady just because he didn't want to hurt her, for she loved him desperately. So he puts off his feelings for this other women so that he can be true to his word. 

8. Richard Shelton
(Unfortunately there is not a picture for the guy)
Richard Shelton from The Black Arrow is a hero of mine because he risks his life, countless times, to save the girl. He's brave and is a bit of a ruffian. ;) Another reason he is one of my heroes is because The Black Arrow is a lot like Romeo and Juliet, with monumental differences. For one I hated Romeo and Juliet, though I absolutely LOVE The Black Arrow.  I suggest you read this book. You won't regret it. :)

9. Thomas Hunter
(haha Don't you love this photo?)
Recently I finished the Circle Trilogy, and I'm about to read the 4th book, and Thomas Hunter is a hero. In the last book he would give up everything for this girl he loves! And just nearly does give up everything. Despite the fact that he finds her looks, smell(you'll understand if you read the books), and touch repulsive does not make him see her any less than beautiful. This series is by Ted Dekker. 

10. Henry Tilney
I've been waiting to be a fan-girl and here it is! Henry Tilney! I love him! He's so funny, kind, and honest. What could be better! lol 


Actually it was a little hard for me to come up with all ten. Hope you enjoyed and please leave a comment telling me what you thought about my choices! Am I alone out there with picking these heroes? God bless and have a wonderful week!








1 comments:

Anna April 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Very creative heroes, I don't know 4 of them but I like that you didn't do the usual. Ben Hur is a great choice. Yes, Poirot is definitely a hero, never though of Matthew of Downton Abbey as a hero, have to think about that one. : )

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP