Powered by Blogger.

"Wuthering Heights"

 Friday, July 15, 2011

I absolutely adored this book! Before I ramble on I have to state a few things: Wuthering Heights was written by Emily Bronte, Charlotte Bronte's sister who wrote Jane Eyre. Quite an imaginative and creative family. Another thing I love is the writing style of this book!

Don't worry, if you are wanting to read this book and am afraid I will ruin something, I won't. This is such a long story line that I won't be able to explain it all.
You read from the perspective of Mr. Lockwood who comes to Thrushcross Grange at the suggestion of his Doctor. When going to Wuthering Heights to speak to his landlord an interest immediately sparks at his first meeting of this strange and quite scary, family. Having such curiosity of the inner workings of this unique family he compels his maid to enlighten him. Thus the maid begins the narrative, which is basically all of the book.

See, I told you I wouldn't ruin the book for you. ;) The version I read of Wuthering Heights was from Penguin Classics, which was split in to two volumes. Immensely enjoying volume one I was a little disappointed with volume two.  Literally I was completely enraptured with volume one that it was hard for me to put it down. When I began reading volume two I still liked it but was less engaged. Also I found the ending to be a bit abrupt.   Other than these minor set backs I still completely love this book! Might actually be my favorite...maybe. ;)
To those of you who have read Wuthering Heights I have to confess that I actually liked the character Hareton. I know that is odd, but I did. It enraged me when Catherine(Jr.) would be mean to him. Also I wasn't a fan of the maid. I felt that she should have gone to the parents more and told what was going on.
Hope you enjoyed this review and now have a desire to read Wuthering Heights!

1 comments:

Cindy Swanson July 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite books of all time, although I like Jane Eyre best.

I enjoyed visiting your blog (found you through the Bronte Blog, which linked to you.) Hope you'll stop by and visit mine!

Cindy at Cindy's Book Club
and Notes in the Key of Life

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP