Powered by Blogger.

Modesty/Femininity

 Thursday, June 9, 2011

Recently I have been reading other people's blogs and I have noticed that they usually have at least one post dedicated to what  modesty/femininity is.  Since I don't have anything like that on this blog I thought I would give it a go. ;)

Modesty:
My belief is that it is okay for me to wear jeans, shorts, and shorter shorts(Not too short, they do have to reach further than a certain point.) I strive to be a Godly young woman and am always asking my mom whether something is immodest. Usually she replies "ask your dad" who says "no" and then she says "go change." lol Although I believe that you should always ask yourself would God be pleased to see you wear that. If I feel convicted about something I'm wearing that doesn't mean everyone else does too, but that I should stick to what God is telling me. Occasionally I can be judge mental and think someone is wearing something too short or too low cut but I have to get passed that and remember this is between them and God, even if what they are wearing is bad. God continuously shows mercy and undying love towards us, the least I can do is be kind to someone else.

Femininity:
Femininity...I suppose I could honestly say I never think about, in this particular way. So this is a little off-hand. ;) Where I used to live I'm pretty sure people knew me as the crazy red-head. lol Even though I grew out of acting like a total tom-boy I believe people still had the inclination to think me as that. Soon people here will probably think of me as very competitive and not very lady like when I start playing sports with them. My mother believes that I'm too girly, other than when I'm playing games. ;) Especially if I'm really into it, which means that I'm diving for the ball and am sweaty and my face is beat red. lol Lately I read on someone's blog that you should let the guys carry something, that you could carry, just so you wouldn't be thought of as masculine. :P I'm sry but that is and never will be me. I have a thing of not letting guys do things for me. I love being independent. Although sometimes I let them do the heavy duty stuff, if I'm being lazy. lol Don't get me wrong it is nice to be thought of as feminine and treated as such. Although to me I think you should just be yourself and not think about whether the guys think you are too strong or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP