Powered by Blogger.

October Sky

 Thursday, October 27, 2011

Listen to this while reading this post. lol I love the soundtrack! Coalwood
Well, since it is October I thought I would do a review on this movie. ;) I absolutely love this movie! Anytime I watch it it gives me a drive to do my school! A movie that does that is worth recommending! ;) Despite this movie's many positive elements it does have some cursing and mild inappropriate language on stuff... It really just depends on your family's tolerance level. As for myself I don't like those things(of course) but it does not hinder me from watching it.
This movie is based on the true story of Homer Hickam, who was inspired by sputnik making it's way across the sky... In a small mining community, in West Virginia, Homer Hickam and three other skeptical students found themselves setting off rockets in hope of winning a science fair! If you're not football material, in Coalwood, you ended up working in the mines. Thus, winning this science fair was a chance at something more. Through hard work and determination these "Rocket Boys" would win the hearts of their community; and they captured something that was considered unobtainable...
Now can't you tell that "October Sky" is an inspirational movie! :D
The Lord be with you and have a wonderful rest of the week. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP