Powered by Blogger.

Captives of the Written Word

 Wednesday, April 14, 2010


My book club, Captives of the Written Word, meeting went really good! I had a blast. Excitingly we are reading The Count of Monte Cristo! Everyone had trouble with chapter 14, so we had Emilee read it and had my mom look up quite a bit of words. :) The key to that chapter is the dictionary! Since everyone got to page one hundred fairly easy we decided for us to jump the amount of pages for us to read. We're going to read to 220 till the next book club meeting. :) I'm lucky because I read up to 148, so technically I'll only have to read about 70 pages. ;) Although I'll probably read more than that. Once we were done talking about the book we were talking about the ACT test... *shudders* Anyway Savannah and Emilee were telling us some of the questions they had on it. Also we went around the room and had everyone tell what they wanted to go to college for and such. I was thinking about going to college to become a French translator, French professor, or an attorney(I don't think that will happen, but I'm just keeping my options open.) I'm so glad that we actually have a book club going! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP