Powered by Blogger.

"Downton Abbey"

 Tuesday, May 22, 2012


After watching the second to last episode of season two, for Downton Abbey, I was hooked! I just love this show for some reason! Some characters I love, hate, and am thoroughly amused by. Recently I just finished season one. Yes, I watched season two then the first season. :) Actually it didn't really ruin anything. :D I have to give a word of caution though, there is some "adult" content. :P Mostly in the form of couples kissing. In season two there is less of that, at least from what I can remember. Unfortunately in season one they had a "gay" scene! I was shocked and totally caught off guard! I believe it only shows them kiss. When it first happened I fumbled for the remote and it would not work! Every time I fast forwarded and pushed play it would stop right at the kiss. I was grossed out and honestly considered not watching it anymore. Though I do love this series.

Downton Abbey is about the Crawley family during the early 20th century. Their lives revolve around getting Mary, the eldest daughter, an eligible suitor and petty things like this consume their lives. Sister rivalry also takes part and is quite shocking to see what people will do to one another.  Not only do you view the lives of the "rich and famous" but also what the lives are like below, among the servants. Their desires, wants, and ambitions. All this takes place in England during a very important time in the world's history. Lives will be lost, wars won, but family and the ones around you make up your memories...

The head lady! I love her quick and witty remarks. She's strong and ready to take action, and certainly won't be pushed aside. 

The dresses are gorgeous! Left: Lady Edith, who is kind of the odd one out among the sisters and is basically forgotten by everyone. Middle: Lady Sybil is a strong willed girl and is for women's rights! Also she doesn't care what everyone else thinks and does not have a hunger for money. Right: Lady Mary, who is decidedly fixed on making her fortune by marriage. Despite her hard outer layer there is a kinder soul beneath. One moment you'll think "what an atrocious women!" and the next you'll love her. 


And here is the main guy, a little hero in his own respects. Matthew Crawley, destined to inherit Downton Abbey! Honor and virtue hold him true to his word and he is always a gentlemen. 

Anyway I just thought I would introduce you to some characters. :)

I know that was a very short review of two seasons of a show but honestly you just have to watch it for yourself.  Several characters that I liked in season one I don't like in season two, and vise versa. Did I mention that the fashion is impeccable! From every hat pin to the very shoes, I love it all!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP