Powered by Blogger.

Dating or Courting?

 Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Honestly I think the only people who have ever heard the word 'courting' are home schooled. Just an observation. ;) Then there is the word 'dating' that I believe most everyone knows about. ;) What are the differences you may ask? Well I'll give you a little run down on courting:

Courting: Basically it's dating but with subtle differences. Courting is where the guy in question asks the girls father if he may court her. If the father says yes the guy begins courting the daughter. Strangely enough I have seen the guy have to answer a list of questions. Not that asking questions is bad, but the questions they were asking were just plain strange! Anyway this relationship between them is consider very "forward". From the first "date" you are looking at the other as the person you may likely marry. Also it is unlikely for these courtships to be broken off. If it is broken off it's slightly uncomfortable... The guy will have to go to the girl's father and give him a reason for wanting to break up with the girl. Isn't that awfully awkward! They are not allowed to be alone together. As far as this I don't know much more and this information is just from what I have witnessed. I'm sure it varies.

Fortunately my family does not do the courting thing! Yay! lol Anyway we don't do the normal 'dating' thing either. We have our own little system called Christian dating. If I go on a date it doesn't have to be determined that I'll marry this person. I'm allowed to date as many guys as I want. That doesn't sound right... lol Nonetheless it is true. I don't have to settle just because it was the first guy I went out with. Though I do have to look at the guy as possibly the guy I could marry. In other words I wouldn't date a guy that I knew I couldn't marry. Another thing, I am not allowed to be alone with the guy. Public settings are a good thing. :) Oh, did I forget that we have to get to know one another. lol That's basically it. I like that it's simple.

How would/do you go on dates? Do you have your own little system? Do you court? (Btw I have quite a bit of friends that court) Do you just do the regular dating thing? I would love for you to comment and tell some reasons why you do a specific kind.
God bless and have a wonderful rest of the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP