Powered by Blogger.

Blinded by Science!

 Friday, April 20, 2012

(My brother and I next to our project!) 

For my Chemistry class, at a co-op, we had a science fair! Thus blinded by science! ;) More like overwhelmed, but that term will suffice. My brother and I teamed up and decided to show the beginning steps of Alternative Photo-chemistry. In a sense. :P We took sodium chloride and silver nitrate to make a compound of silver chloride. Since silver chloride is light sensitive we exposed it to light causing a second chemical reaction to occur. The sliver chloride decomposed into chloride and sliver. Silver(Ag) is a black flake thus causing our once white compound to now me a grayish color. Ta da! ;) When we showed the judges our compound it actually turned purple... we don't know why... lol Our project was slightly more complicated than what I explained but you get the jest of it. :) Here is some pictures of our board and the class!

We still don't know why it turned purple. lol



1st place science project!

He made his own radio thing!

Me and a girl from Chemistry class. Don't judge my red face I was nervous. lol

They made a hydrogen generator. I was impressed!

Second place winners! 

They're so goofy. :)

Haha! Photo-bombed!

God bless and have a wonderful rest of your week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP